Wednesday, September 3, 2008

nocturnal state and icky weather

as fall seems to be coming quickly here, i thought i would post a picture of one of my favorite activities:

From Blogger Pictures


this is me helping mommy carve pumpkins for halloween. mommy and daddy joke that i am their year-round halloween decoration and that they need to keep me in the window that night. i am a black cat! halloween is my special day!!! i will not stay in the window and be a decoration, especially when mini humans are walking around in costumes!

i was a panther of the night while mommy was trying to sleep last night. i got into a bag from wal-mart that had new socks for her in it; and when she sealed the bag and tied it shut, i continued to rustle it and claw it open, making her get out of bed and put the socks out of reach. i guess i will have to find other socks with which to play "sock gnomes" with my brothers. i also howled at mommy for 10 minutes last night when i managed to find a catnip mouse. she wasn't paying attention because my brother cullen was on top of her purring. when cullen needed to take a food break, mommy came over and told me what a good panther i am. *cat sigh* as it's cullen (who is nice to me unlike my brother finian who doesn't like me and picks fights with me), i'll allow mommy to be distracted from me.

we have had rain go through today and it seems like black clouds keep passing over. mommy and daddy love the rain. i don't like it. all the birds and bunnies go hide when it rains and i have nothing to watch except for the trains that i stalk out of mommy's study window. hmph. what is a black cat to do?!?!?!?!?!?

=^..^=

3 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo will have to khonsult Huffle on that!

H&K,
Khyra

Teddy Westlife said...

Hmmmm... what IS a black cat to do?

Have you considered adopting a bug of some sort that you can play with in the house? Maybe a nice butterfly to chase? Otherwise, have your mum buy you some play mouses with bells in them and play with them at 3am. I know my mum loves that because she always gets out of bed when I do it.

Huffle Mawson

Karen Jo said...

I can see that rainy days are no fun for you. Maybe you need some toys that ring or rattle. Those are great to play with in the middle of the night.